Saturday, July 10, 2010

What Just Took A Dump on My Tongue?


Sodas are like contestants on America's Got Talent. Some are unassuming but totally kick ass, some are flashy but don't deliver, and once in a while you get a hack that is neither talented nor presentable that is cast purely for the WTF factor. With that said, here's what I drank today...

Sprecher Ginger Ale, Milwaukee WI-Grade F
You might think I'm being a little too harsh giving this ginger ale an F until you try this wretched elixir for yourself. Just looking at it will make you want to hork up that Chili's Three Couse Meal for Two that you ate all by yourself. The tagline is "Icy Cool and Spicy Hot with Real Ginger!". I think that's code for "Heartburn-Inducing Anti-Freeze with Real Ginger!". I could only take a few sips before capping it and putting it back in the fridge to be forgotten. Surely you could imagine how disappointed I was seeing as this soda is from my hometown. My friend Mike recommended this one, he either has really bad taste or he was messing with me. Cocktail Suggestions: Don't make a cocktail with this.

Goya Grapefruit Soda, Secaucus NJ-Grade C+
Goya sodas and nectars can be found anywhere but I've never seen this grapefruit soda. I love grapefruit (and anything bitter in general) but prefer Ruby Red over White grapefruit. Nonetheless I was pretty psyched to try this little guy. While staying true to the grape-fruity taste, it was a tad too bitter. I had trouble finishing it but felt guilty wasting any. It became more of a burden than a pleasure. That's not what I look for in a soda, or women, or anything. It might work as a mixer in place of sour mix to be paired with one's favorite Whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment