Sunday, July 11, 2010

Three Cheers For Cheerwine

I got shit-faced last night at Funky Sole. I woke up this morning and wanted nothing more than to crack a cold sodie and marinate. But...I chose the responsible path and rehydrated my dried, shriveled insides with Mother Nature's original soda. I needed something to get the 2 A.M. roach coach Carnitas taste out of my mouth.
In other news, my roommate Aaron and I have been tossing around ideas for rating systems since letter grades are so 90's. I came up with a "Crotch Grab" scale, one crotch grab being horrible and 10 crotch grabs being excellent. The one doing the crotch grabs will be none other than the King of Pop (see what I did there), Michael Jackson. So without further ado, here's what I drank, uhhh, a couple of days ago...


Cheerwine, Colfax NC
If you've ever seen Eastbound and Down, there's a scene in the final episode of the first season where Kenny Powers is giving a motivational speech to a bunch of kids outside of a school when a truck unknowingly parks between Kenny and the crowd. That truck is a Cheerwine truck. I have no idea why I remember that but I'm waiting for it to come up on trivia night (fingers crossed). This soda is real smooth with just the right amount of carbonation and taste not unlike Cherry Dr. Pep Pep. It left a little bit of a syrupy taste in my mouth but overall this puppy is tasty. I highly recommend it.
Cocktail Suggestion: Cheerwine and Vodka with a Twist of Orange
Rating: 8 Crotch Grabs from the King of Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment